Duval Charter School at Coastal
Duval Charter School at Coastal is a tuition-free public charter school educating students in grades K-8. For the 2018-2019 school year applications will be accepted in grade levels K-7. Subsequent grades will be added each year. Duval Charter School at Coastal is governed by Renaissance Charter School, Inc.
Frequently asked questions
Who is eligible to attend?
Duval Charter School at Coastal is open to K-8 school aged students who reside in Florida.
What kind of programs and services will be available?
- Personalized Learning Plans – Assessments are performed periodically to determine how your child will learn best. Learning styles are established to tailor lesson plans to meet the needs of each student.
- Access to PowerSchool’s Student Information System – Parents are given access to their children’s personal information through a password-protected computer-based system that allows them to monitor their progress. Parents can monitor test scores, homework and attendance on a daily basis.
- Parent Involvement – We know that children enjoy greater success in school when the adults they admire most take an interest in their education. Our students’ parents are required to commit to volunteer hours each year for the school. These hours foster closer relationships and ensure a more secure learning environment.
- Uniforms -A school uniform policy is enforced. School uniforms must be purchased exclusively from a Duval Charter School at Coastal approved vendor only. School uniforms instill a sense of pride in the school as well as each child’s individual appearance. Uniforms allow students to focus on their education instead of designer labels and fashion trends.
Are Before and After Care programs available?
Yes, please see the Before and After Care page.
Does this school provide transportation?
Limited transportation, or an equivalent reimbursement, may be provided to any student who falls under any of the of following categories:
- Any student in grades K-8 who does not otherwise have access to an adequate educational facility or opportunity.
- Any student in grades K-6 who is subjected to a hazardous walking conditions while en route to or from school.
- Any student in grades K-8 who has a documented transportation need their current/valid IEP.
Is a meal service available?
Breakfast and lunch service will be available to all students. Breakfast costs $1.50 and lunch costs $2.85. Reduced breakfast costs $.30 and reduced lunch costs $.40. Duval Charter School at Coastal will participate in the National School Lunch Program and free or reduced pricing will be available to those students who meet the guidelines. Please see the Meal Service page.
Where can I purchase uniforms?
Please see the School Uniform page.
What school supplies are needed?
A list of supplies that are required for each incoming students will be provided at the school. These supplies should be brought in to the homeroom teacher on the first day of school. Please see School Supplies.